Our Client, a leading meat player and one of the UK’s largest food companies, engaged FSA to analyse the UK meat market and identify potential targets for acquisition with a strong focus on suppliers to foodservice.
What we did
Over a period of 7 weeks, we built a long-list of 75 companies which we whittled down – using a collaborative approach with the client – to a prioritised list of 12. Activities we completed included:
- Spent time with management and visited their site to understand their business and what they already knew
- Conducted nine expert interviews with people with extensive experience in meat supply to UK foodservice
- Extracted information on all UK meat companies from Companies House using 3rd party software (450 in total)
- Conducted extensive desk research on shortlisted companies
- Conducted store audits to identify suppliers in UK retail
- Built detailed profiles for each company based on what we knew
- Assessed synergies / fit with our client and likely availability
Our client was extremely pleased with the work and will pursue contact with companies on the prioritised list. The business has since engaged FSA on another project.